Sunday, November 25, 2007

Editing your Profile (About Me)

Most Blogger template by default put a "About Me" or Profile at the top of the sidebar. The information you get in the "About Me" section will be the information you gave when you first created a Blogger account. As you can see from the screenshot in the left, only the "Display name" is shown. No photo, no description.

There are many ways in which you can edit your profile or "About Me". You can sign into blogger.com (Dashboard) click EDIT PROFILE at the top right of the Dashboard and you will get to your Profile editor. There you can edit the "About Me" (Profile) with many options - add a photo, description, town, region, country you live in, your homepage URL (this will become a link that direct visitors to your favorite webpage which may be your own or others), add your interests, favorite movies, favorite musics, favorite books, email address, chose whether to display the email address for visitor to your full profile to email your, etc. All these are options which you can choose to add or ignore. You can also give your birth date, but this will mean the astrological sign (Cancer, Capricorn, Virgo, etc) will be displayed. Many don't like this and if you don't want it, leave your date of birth blank. You may be interested to know that you can use some limited HTML tags in the description such as the hyperlink HTML tag <a> (refer to Hyperlinks in "About Me" or Profile and How to make active (clickable) hyperlinks.

TO BE CONTINUED

7 comments:

About the FNJ said...

How do I upload a photo into the "About Me" column? I don't get the "browse" option when I open the "Edit Profile" window, or any other option to upload a photo.

Manature said...

Hi (I prefer blonde),

How about taking a screen shot and uploading it to Photobucket and then giving us the photo URL and then we will be able to see what you see.

Peter ChenBlog*Star
Environmentally friendly presents (gifts)

Monica said...

This info seems a bit outdated? I started blogging in July of this year and was able to edit the about me section periodically. I haven't tried in a while, and now it seems I can edit everything but the about me section. Any thoughts or suggestions? I would love to hear about it. Thanks so much.

Monica said...

Hi,

I just started blogging in July and at that time it was pretty easy to make changes to the about me section. Today I tried to make the same change and it seems it is blocked somehow? Is there a trick arount that now? Any help or suggestions you can give to me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Manature said...

Hi Monica,

I would try using different browser to see if that makes a difference. If not, let us have your blog URL to check.

Monica said...

Hi Peter,

I looked at your other site and didn't find anything there.... I wasn't sure if I sure post there or here. Anyway you have a lot of great info and I'm sure I'll be back. In the meantime by url is http://livingbalanced.blogspot.com. Thank you so much for your help.

Shabsblog said...

Very nice and informative blog!